X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Zenith DTV 1080

Here is another basic HDTV question. Does anybody have any experience with this unit? There isn't a Zenith source close to my house.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Is this front projection Bob?

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Lex, it's a HDTV-capable set-top decoder.

Bob, sorry no experience other than reading about it on the 'net.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Uncle Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

Info is on website http://www.zenith.com Click on TVs direct\digital

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
        CLIVE

Comment

• Bob
          • Jul 2000

Thanks Clive,
          However, I have already been to their website and read the article in Perfect Vision. Was hoping to find someone with real world experience. A product's website will always tout it as the most wonderful thing ever, and reveiws in mags are good for letting you know that the product exists but, are equally unreliable.
          I guess it is to new. I am still unsatisfied with many of the unknowns in regards to HDTV and am dragging my feet on changing and especially spending the money on a front projector until I am satisfied. My wife keeps asking about it everyday though, so will probably get tv and stb for the den first to satisfied her. Also, will allow me to see if HDTV in it's present form is working well.
          Still trying to find out if the Loewe Andaconda works well with antenna NTSC channels.

Comment

• Uncle Clive
            Former Moderator
            • Jan 2002

Bob it's a real bonus having your wife's support on these purchases. It also seems like you have a budget set to purchase a TV Unit of some sorts. Why not look at reviews of units that have already been tested and tried, instead of settling for one now that you're not going to keep or have for long term only to replace it sooner or later.

:idea: To spend the money only once.........spend it wisely

Aaaah, just a thought!

Anyways, getting a unit that is HD ready IMO is not a bad Idea no matter what the future holds.........just be READY!

What I will be doing for my HT that is if you have the room, it may justify you getting a smaller unit for regular over the air viewings and then add a front projector for big events, movies etc. Maybe this route would interest you. My wife doesn't want the Techy stuff so the small unit in the great room/HT so she can operate it on her own suites us fine.

There are alot of fine gentlemen over at "Front Projections" forum that can help us.

Thanks!

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• Bob
              • Jul 2000

Thanks for the thoughts Clive. Our HT is in it's own building seperate from the house. What I am looking for is a tv for the den in our house which will be used for day to day watching of over the air programming. I am familiar with Loewe tvs and know they are great tvs. However, it seems that some of the widescreen tvs that have been developed for HDTV have poor pictures when the source is not HDTV. I am trying to find out if this is the case with Loewe. So far, it seems Sony handles this the best but, then it picture isn't as good as the Loewe when the source is digital. I will have to call around and find a store that has the Andaconda hooked up to a sat dish or antennae.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"