X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DSGCobra
    • Feb 2003

D2 found its way to my house?

So a while back I upgraded my Rotel 1098 to an Anthem AVM50. Solid upgrade, video scaling and HDMI switch is a very nice feature. I have 3 HDMI sources it has 4 HDMI in's so looking good there. Have had the AVM 50 set up for probably a month when I first put it all togther I was "saving" the HDMI 1 slot for something else and using 2,3,4 slots. Well the 4 slot would not work? Bad HDMI port? no big deal really don't need 4 in's anyway so I didn't really let it bother me.

At my dealers the other night I happened to mention the problem he said bring it down we will sent it out for repair I knew this would be the responce as it is under warranty. But I didn't want any down time. Some how managned working a deal for a few hundred dollars more and walked out with the D2. Only hooked up for a day now with very little time to play with it. But I can say I like the apperence a little better then the AVM 50, all the buttons light up blue instead of blue and red. and all the HDMI ports work so that is a bonus. more to follow.............
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Sweet deal! Congrats on the new gear.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Wow, sounds good! :T
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• gostan
        • May 2003

Originally posted by DSGCobra
        So a while back I upgraded my Rotel 1098 to an Anthem AVM50. Solid upgrade, video scaling and HDMI switch is a very nice feature. I have 3 HDMI sources it has 4 HDMI in's so looking good there. Have had the AVM 50 set up for probably a month when I first put it all togther I was "saving" the HDMI 1 slot for something else and using 2,3,4 slots. Well the 4 slot would not work? Bad HDMI port? no big deal really don't need 4 in's anyway so I didn't really let it bother me.

At my dealers the other night I happened to mention the problem he said bring it down we will sent it out for repair I knew this would be the responce as it is under warranty. But I didn't want any down time. Some how managned working a deal for a few hundred dollars more and walked out with the D2. Only hooked up for a day now with very little time to play with it. But I can say I like the apperence a little better then the AVM 50, all the buttons light up blue instead of blue and red. and all the HDMI ports work so that is a bonus. more to follow.............
        I was at your (our) dealer today and asked him where his D2 had gone to. He told me about your issues and now I read it here. What a coincidence. I purchased my D2 last April and have never looked back. Congrats and take a look at the D2 Tweeking thread at AVS for some further insight on all of the various video and audio adjustments. :T
        Stan

Comment

• DSGCobra
          • Feb 2003

has some other issues with that unit but didn't want to bash Anthem as their customer service is great and the products are outstanding. Gary is a great guy to deal with I have been doing business with them for probably 15 years. They have done all my cars and many many many H/T upgrades over the years. This wasn't the first time I have emptied there show room.

Comment

• sirbogey
            • Mar 2006

I wish I had the cash... Congrats!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"