X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

What's your most expensive piece ?

In my case it's a Sony VPL400 lcd projector I bought 21/2 years ago for $5999. Cdn.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Chip
    • Aug 2001

If you would count a 5.1 speaker setup as one then, definately my speakers $3550.00 (PSB Stratus line & SVS sub) If not, then, my receiver, a B&K 307 ($2900.00).

- Chip

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
    Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

This is a funny question. Should we consider stuff at MSRP, not what we purchased it for, used or wholesale?

I'd have to say it's my HP 8903 Audio Measurement set. Right behind that is my Tek 465 scope. Trailing slightly behind would be my B&K 4133 calibrated microphone and HP mic preamp, which came as a set. We're talking antiques here, since the 465 and the 4133 were purchased in the 70's. NOT adjusted for inflation, they're still the most expensive items.

Of recent purchases, actual equipment, a pair of Aragon Palladium mono-blocks would be the top dollar item.

Of DIY projects, my X1 SLAMM Klones would be it, since there's about $5000 in materials, and a bazillion hours of labor, both design and contstruction, including a custom electronic crossover.

Back from vacation, wish I wasn't though!

-Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Lexman
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2000

You have to remind me, it's a tie between an Elite PRO-119 RPTV and my Lexicon MC-1. That's from list. 6K each. ouch. Couldn't do it again right now even if I wanted to.

Lex

Comment

• P-Dub
          Office Moderator
          • Aug 2000

I think MSRP is the way to go. We can do what's the best deal you got in another thread.

For me it has to be my DVD player, a Toshiba 3109, list C$799 in 1999.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
          Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

hmmm well since I've no idea what my musical fidelity amp retailed for I'll leave it out and the HK 5800 used to sell for $1K US I think when it came out but I didn't pay anywhere near that. For me the Denon 3300 was $1200 cdn new and my Tosh RPTV was $1K (used)

Comment

• Chip
              • Aug 2001

Oh hell, if were' talking MSRP then my speakers are over 4K and the B&K is $3500.00.. I just wrote what i paid..

- Chip

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
              Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Yeah, that next thread can be the wheeler dealer thread. Who could talk a man out of his last pair of shoes. Be they tennis shoes or leather. Highest percentage discount on new gear! lol.

Nice purchases guys. Except I don't know what the hell Jon Marsh was purchasing. Obviously, Techno-geek stuff, lol.

Lex
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Richard
                  • Apr 2001

Most expensive piece..... hum I have to assume you mean audio/video equipment not something else...My most expensive piece of equipment that would have to be my HDTV Pioneer and hopefully when I upgrade my receiver and speakers soon I'll stay below that for each one of them.

Comment

• JohanK
                    • Aug 2000

Most expensive MSRP piece is my Angstrom 200 DPL preamp (Angstrom was Mike Moffat's (of Theta) project company). MSRP was $3500 when it was released in 1995 or so. I bought it used and paid muuuuuuch less than that.

Comment

• SiliGoose
                      • Aug 2000

I'm a firm believer that your speakers should consume the bulk of your budget. Not surprisingly, that just happens to be the case in my HT.

-Sili
                      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Robbie
                        • Aug 2000

Gotta be my amp (Adcom 7300) $700 list.

Robbie

Comment

• psklenar
                          • May 2001

(sorry wrong thread)

pat----

email: :<a href="mailtoat@sklenar.info">pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair
                          pat----

email: pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair

Comment

• KennyG
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Sep 2000

No contest, the MSRP puts my NECxg110lc way out front in my system at 20 grand, my main speakers are a distant second at $5,600.
                            Before you start thinkin' my crazy, I actually paid about 1/4 of that price.

Nothing Techno geek about Aragon mono blocks or SLAMM clones...I'd bet the rest of that stuff may have been useful in building those clones???

Comment

• Westly197
                              • Aug 2000

I'd have to say my speakers. All together there around 5K.

- Wes

My Home Theater
                              - Wes

My Home Theater

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

If I add up my 9 Paradigm Reference Studio speakers and the 2 Paradigm Studio Servo-15's I come up with $9,700 CDN.

Single purchase would be my Denon 5800 which was listed at $5,799 CDN.

Sure glad I did not have to pay list price.

Trevor
                                My HomeTheater S.E.
                                Sonically Enhanced
                                C5
                                Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"