X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robbie
    • Aug 2000

Is Proscan Gone???

While crusing the web I clicked on the Proscan bookmark not really expecting anything since they haden't updated their page for ever when low and behold look what comes up...

香港波膽賭場這裡是您玩樂賺錢的最佳去處!我們為您提供最精彩刺激的娛樂體驗,讓您輕鬆享受娛樂的同時,也有機會大賺一筆。

since I had never heard of RCA Scenium and they are at the old Proscan web site can it be assumed Thomson/RCA changed the name of Proscan?????? or was I Rip Van Winkel and just missed something by oversleeping??????

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Robbie
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Interesting Robbie. Looks like they are running out of "iniums" that haven't been used because Scenium? That's just silly, lol.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
      • Aug 2000

I recently read that RCA was starting a new, premium line. I can only assume that this is it.

Ken
      Ken

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

It is.

It's logical, really. Once RCA's design and quality problems made the Proscan badge equivalent to higher prices than RCA but little discernable benefit, the end was inevitable.

Now, don't misunderstand me. I think there are some RCA products which represent honest values and attempts at value engineering- the DTC-100, of course, and their 38" widescreen HDTV. The latter is often the best TV in most Best Buy stores, or at least displaying the best picture out of the box.
        I had the sad experience of trying to "calibrate" a 36" Proscan set for a friend, after she saw my NEC bedroom system (don't ask, don't tell) and my old Toshiba RPTV. The Proscan couldn't hold black levels, had mediocre color decoder with tons of red push, and also had a lousy Y/C seperator. Let's not even discuss the large phosphor stripes, the tremendous curvature in the tube, and the cheap construction. Definitely not a Sony.

I hope they are making a real effort to learn from their Proscan experience with the new line. I think they have the engineering talent; the question, as is often the case, is the will of management.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• GregoriusM
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2000

Yep. Scenium is RCA's new upscale line.
          Gregor

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"