X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joetama
    • May 2006

Home Audio Blues....

Ok, so this is nothing serious but it is getting rather annoying.

I have lived in my apartment for a little over 2 years now and I'm seriously getting sick of my new neighbors.

It's not that they are loud, but they call down constantly to the front desk to complain about me. My system can be on a very casual listening volume at 8PM on a Friday night and they will still call...

I am not sure what I need to do. I am moving next year but I don't have the system I have so it can sit silent till I move... Not sure if I should go talk to them or what....

Any ideas?

After the front desk people come up and ask me to turn it down (which I always do, not sure how the neighbors can hear it because if I go into my bathroom I can't hear it) I usually turn Bolt Thrower on and turn my sub to face their room. (Give them something to actually complain about I guess)...

Odd thing is I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE!

Damn, new people need to learn the ropes I guess....

Oh, added information, I'm not being rude with my music selection or playing times. Also, if I lived in a "regular" apartment I would understand, but I live in a college apartment where everyone who lives here is either sophomores or juniors. It is more common to hear loud people from down the hall walking up and down the hallway talking and yelling than it is for me to "blast" my system....

I am getting very angry.... :M :twisted:
    -Joe
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

How about inviting your neighbors over for some good food and music? Who knows you may even become good friends, good friends make great neighbors.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• joetama
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Soundgravy
      How about inviting your neighbors over for some good food and music? Who knows you may even become good friends, good friends make great neighbors.
      True that.... Another guy actually recommenced almost the exact same thing on the other forum I posted this on....

I might try that... I need to clean up a bit first.... I have a small apartment and have WAY too much stuff in it....

Plus the girls are cute, and that could pay off... :T :E
      -Joe

Comment

• ShadowZA
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

To expand a little ...

Try to find out what their interests are and hook onto them. You may find that if you share some positive thoughts around their interests, this could place you in a positive stance regarding your neighborly relationship with them psychologically speaking. Once you have "won them over" ... the next step is to find out their music interests with the eventual aim of introducing them to your system.

Who knows ... it could get to the point where their music becomes too loud. :lol:

Good luck :T

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

... or try listening to your music with headphones. If the neighbors complain about the volume when you are using those, then you'll know for sure that the problem is their overly-sensitive hearing. :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• joetama
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
            ... or try listening to your music with headphones. If the neighbors complain about the volume when you are using those, then you know the problem is their overly-sensitive hearing. :>)

Burke
            Well I do when it's not at a good hour to be playing... But 8 PM on a Friday night.... In a University Flat.... I don't think I am being unreasonable...
            -Joe

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"