X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nate-Dogg
    • Sep 2000

So whats your favorite beer?

This question has proly already been posed?

This is the Chalet & Pub!

I would have to vote for:

Heineken or the Salvator Double Bock Paulaner munchen.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

KB, Kick Butt. My favorite. An Aussie beer. Heck of it is, I don't think it's normally imported to US. If it is, I want some bad!

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

Watney's red barrel...great English beer!

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Kool-Aid!!! Sorry, I don't consume alcohol. However, this gives me one hell of a buzz!:B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Bob
          • Jul 2000

Comment

• Bob
            • Jul 2000

Chimay, all three labels, made by Belgian monks that don't do anything but chant and make beer.
            For a close second, almost any beer made in the Czech Republic, especially Budwiser (no, not the American foul brew). Problem is they can only be appreciated when poured in Europe. To be exported here, they have to be pasturized and there goes all the flavor. A good example is Pilsner Urguell. You buy it here and it is a pretty decent beer. You buy it there and you have to carefully, slowly, pour it. Smells like fresh baked bread and has a huge head! By the way, real Bud can only be bought in the Czech Republic. I think the brewry goes back to the 1400 or 1500 century. American Bud stole the name of what many people beleive is the best beer in the world.

Comment

• Crimson
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I'd have to go with Chimay also. Domestic? Sierra Nevada Pale.

Q.
              Q.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Newcastle Brown Ale For domestic Big Rock Traditional, Big Rock Grasshopper, Upper Canada Dark, and a few largers...Molson Dry, and Labatt Lite.

Comment

• rudee
                  • Oct 2000

1-GUINNESS draught
                  2-Newcastle Brown Ale

that's it, no #3 and it sure is nice doing the advertising and marketing for the distributor here in the metro area! can we say "work perk"

Comment

• Nate-Dogg
                    • Sep 2000

I had a belgian golden ale once that was unbelieveable!

It was called Bjorks Krukenbier or something like that, I honestly savored every last drop, I even tried to get another drink after it was empty.

I didn't list it as my favorite because I can't find it anywhere now and it was $15 a bottle !

Anyone like the Doppel Bocks like Celebrator and Salvator?

I've never been to impressed with Chimay but I do like New Castle!

Have any of you had the beers made by new river brewing company like Fat Tire, Blue Paddle, Abbey Ale, Trippel, 1554 brussels????

I've never tried the big rock which is your favorite out of them? The grasshopper?

Comment

• SiliGoose
                      • Aug 2000

I like the easy to drink stuff:

Killians
                      Harp
                      Pete's Wicked
                      Dos XX Amber

-Sili
                      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Nobody mentioned American labels. Oh,well, I'm not a beer drinker anyway, but I'll sip an Old Milwaukee now and then on a hot day mowing the lawn.

My Homepage!
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• Robbie
                          • Aug 2000

When I was in Germany I liked Bischof Wiesen. Great mellow wheat beer. In the states I prefer "beer" (as long as it's cold)

Robbie

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

Nate Grasshopper is good but Traditional is the nectar of the gods IMO

George...no US beers..gee I wonder why LOL You know what US beer and making love in a canoe have in common? They're both fu***ing close to water jk Yanks its not all bad (is it?)

Comment

• marc seals
                              • Sep 2000

Ahh too many good beers and not enough time!

There were some good names being thrown around in the previous posts but I thought I would add several of my favorites.

Alaskan Amber and Alaskan Frontier, made by Juneau Douglas Brewing Company.

Almost all "Petes" flavors.

Bridgeport, Amber and ESB

Hales Ale, Amber and Drawbrigde Blond

Boontville, can't remember the actual names since we don't get them here all that often.

Many more but since I just woke up the brain isn't quite up to speed yet!

Comment

• MRWILLL
                                • Aug 2000

Cherry Coke!!

STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
                                DVD...Hear it from the people who
                                mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".
                                STOP!!...LOOK!!...LISTEN!!
                                DVD...Hear it from the people who
                                mixed and mastered it "LEXICON".

Comment

• Dave Rubin
                                  • Aug 2000

Generally, bottled and imported beers tend to lose a little something along the way IMO. But several local brewpub restaurants here in the DC area sell cask conditioned ales on tap which are really marvelous.

The times I have visited Merry Ol' England, I have enjoyed visiting the local pubs and trying the various bitters and milds on tap. Many pubs carry several different brands, and it would make for a nice night trying a pint of each.

If I must go with a bottled beer, I find Newcastle Brown to be very reliable. Also, several years back I had an excellent Winter Ale from Geary's Brewery in Maine (a state which takes their beer rather seriously).

And of the beers I brew myself, I'll go for my Vygotsky's Imperial Russian Stout if I'm in the mood for something big, or some Cream Ale when I have a big thirst to slake on a hot day.

Comment

• Eric S
                                    • Sep 2000

Sadly, my all-time favorite beer has been discontinued by the producer: Sam Adams Honey Porter. It was made for years, and now it is missing from their product line and more importantly - from my refrigerator!
                                    My DIY Theater Projects

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Aug 2000

ran across this and thought you'd like it

Laid-off Guinness workers get liquid compensation
                                      DUBLIN, Ireland (AP) -- Workers laid off when a Guinness packaging plant closes next month will be able to drown their sorrows in beer, thanks to a severance package that includes up to 10 years' free supply of the famous stout.

The brewing giant's decision to close the plant in Dundalk, near the Irish Republic's border with Northern Ireland, sparked strikes at Guinness facilities across Ireland in April.

Under the severance agreement, the plant's 140 workers will receive one-time payments of up to US$147,000 along with health insurance, scholarships for their children -- and the beer.

"It is a tradition within the industry that employees get a beer allowance, amounting to around two bottles a day," said Pat Barry, director of corporate affairs for Guinness Ireland.

"The redundant staff will get two grants of beer allowance a year of a couple of dozen bottles each time."

The number of years workers receive the beer allowance will depend on years of service, he said, adding that the size of the payment also will depend on length of employment, with workers receiving an average payout of about US$70,000.

Two of the three unions at the plant have accepted the offer. A vote by the third is to be held soon. The plant is scheduled to close at the end of July.

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"