X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gil
    • Dec 2000

Sonus Faber Solo HOME

Does anyone here have any experience with the new Sf Home speakers? Unfortunately I have not seen/heard these as they are not available locally yet.

I have the original version of the Concertos and am looking to add a Sf center and possibly Sf rear speakers.

Currently running B&W CDM-Cse center with B&W 600 series rear speakers. The CDM center is quite nice but does not tonally match the Concertos. The last time I auditioned the Solo I thought it was a nice center but wasn't sure if it was significantly better than my B&W and it was more costly, so I put off the decision.

The new Solo Home appears to have a similar design to the B&W and wondering how well it performs as well as the tonal matching to the original Concertos.

Also, what do you think of Concertino Home vs the new Wall version for use as rear speakers.

Gil
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Gil, congrats on owning what I think is a fine set of speakers. Of course, I am a little prejudice though. I own the original Solo, Concerto GPs and Concertos. Love em all!

Good move to go with a Sonus center. you might check with Paolo (sp?) over in Italy and see what he has.

One home theater fan that heard my setup said, "I had no idea what such a nice speaker could do for the home theater experience. Before this, I never would have paid 1000 for a center. But now, I might."

Lex

Comment

• Lexman
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2000

Gil, not sure this is relevant to you now, but I hear that the Home series does use a new tweeter. I am hearing reports of harshness or brightness "oob" (out of box). They claim it will calm down after break-in.

But it is a question that begs answering. In fact, what kind of tonal match will you get relative to the old Concerto series.

Lex

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"