X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PSUfan
    • May 2004

tv speakers or??

Just a quick question for anyone......

Do you use your television speakers when watching television or run it through you HT?

Shane
  • greenjudas
    • Mar 2005

Always through the HT setup.If you got em you might as well use em!

Comment

• Alloroc
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

Always HT. Never TV. It just seems all wrong.... My digibox has digital audio out so I can get the best from most broadcasts and channels.
      Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Snap
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2005

say it isn't so..... I disable the TV speakers. That way if one of the little ones gets the remote and turns up the vol on the TV it will not work.

TV speakers always throws off the imaging... IMHO
        The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Brandon B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jun 2001

HT certainly. For a lot of broadcast I leave the sub off as there is often nothing down there, though, and it sucks power, and my summer electricity bills don't need kilowatt help right now.

BB

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

The ONLY time I ever listen to the TV speakers is if I'm not watching on my HT... I think there's been (at the most a handful) a few times where I've turned the TV on and used the speakers due to the fact I just wanted to check something really quick. There's no sense turning the HT on for less than 2 or 3 minutes of viewing.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Any "serious" viewing I use the HT (ie: primetime shows, HD movies etc) otherwise if I'm just watching the news or something I might not bother... sometimes do/sometimes don't.
              Jason

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2006

I intentionally bought a TV without built-in speakers. (Yeah, it's a monitor but why buy what's unnecessary and bulky?)

Kal
                Kal Rubinson

Comment

• jim777
                  • Mar 2005

I'm a bit like pewter and aud19, I use the TV speakers for the news or stuff like that, if my amp isn't already on. However, for a good TV show or movie, I'll turn it on (and mute the TV).

In Quebec we don't have to care too much about the electricity cost, but I'm still happy to avoid the thermal shock associated with turning the amp on and off too often for just 5-15min. I want the macs still running in 15 years

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Always, always, always, always through the home theater. TV speakers are generally crap. Of course, my dedicated theater doesn't even have a TV to use speakers on. Satellite receiver and projector.
                    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                    - Pleasantville

Comment

• adinfinitum
                      • Apr 2006

Depends if my GF's trying to sleep in the next room or if I have the house to myself 8)
                      http://www.couchpotatosolutions.com.au/

Comment

• KeithM
                        • Oct 2005

I don't have an actual TV in my HT, so it has to go upstairs through our crappy magnavox. But if I had a choice, it would all be 5.1 all the time.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"