Western classic SHANE coming to blu-ray, but...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Western classic SHANE coming to blu-ray, but...

... to my disappointment, it will not be the theatrically released 1:66 wide screen. Though Shane was originally shot using the standard 1:37:1 Academy ratio, Paramount had invented their own flat widescreen format and chose Shane to debut it because Shane was mostly composed of long and medium shots that wouldn't greatly affect cropping the image. This WS 1:66 format was how I first saw Shane in a local theater in 1953 and it has pissed me off greatly that the widescreen print has never been used for either laserdisc or dvd. When first announced that it was going to be released on Blu-ray on June 4th, it was going to be the widescreen version and I got really excited. Now it seems, even though Paramount submitted both versions ,they now will release it in the 1:37 format only. Damn. Well I'll be passing on this in the hopes that they will change their mind down the road and release the WS version.
    My Homepage!
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Whaaaaaat? It's not even OAR? :M:
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"