X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

athena AS-P6000 sub???

I saw this sub online for around $250 shipped...I was wondering if it is worth it or should I just shuffle out the extra couple hundred to an SVS?

Link for Specs

It says it can do 21-120 Hz, but I highly doubt that for a $250 sub.

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Apr 2005

nobody has heard this???....I don't know how much longer I can get this at this price....any input would be most appreciated....thx for lookin' in...

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• thyname
      • Jan 2005

I think that SVS is in a different league from Athena. Another good sub company is HSU. The price on Athena looks good though.

Comment

• maseline_98
        • Apr 2005

Do you think I should just pony up the extra $300 to get an SVS 25-31PCi ??

Comment

• gd
          • Jan 2003

No experience with Athena, but I've got that SVS 25-31PCi... it's an overachiever for the money... big performer for both music and movies... and SVS provides top-notch customer service, and reliable advice for choosing the optimum model for your room.

The Athena might indeed be a good value at the sale price, but you probably won't get much feedback on a little-known product like the P6000... whereas both SVS and Hsu -- as dedicated sub mfr's -- have generated lotsa positive buzz for a few years now... I've also auditioned the Hsu's (at shows), and they are equally impressive.

If it was my money, I wouldn't give it a second thought... spend the extra $300.
          greg (gd to you)
          Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
          production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• maseline_98
            • Apr 2005

Thanks...I actually think I'm going to get the SVS 20-39PCi(what's $50 more???...lol) I'm pretty scared of the 16-46 monster(though it seems after serveral reviews both the 25-31 and the 20-39 are monsters as well)...I mean..seriously..I'm putting it in a 14 x 12 X 7 room(that's a lot of bass for a such a small room...i know, i know), but plan on moving it to a 24 x 27 x 8 room and I don't want to have buy another one if I'm going to spend $600.

Comment

• gd
              • Jan 2003

Ask the guys at SVS about your future - and considerably bigger - room... I'm sure they'll have useful input.

Haven't seen it, of course, but a room at 24 x 27 x 8 often needs two subs.
              greg (gd to you)
              Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
              production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• maseline_98
                • Apr 2005

oh no!!!!...not 2 subs...thx for your input gd

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"