X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajpoe
    • Jul 2004

Replacing a blown woofer in Athena sub.

My buddy has an SCT Series Athena P3 and he blew the woofer. He is looking for a cheap fix for the time being so I figured he could probably replace the woofer with something relatively cheap from Parts Express that will keep pace or outperform the woofer that comes in them. Here are the specs for the P3. Can you guys offer any suggestions? It is a ported down firing 10" woofer. I assume the screw holes should line up for all 10s or that can at least be measured if necessary? Thanks!
    AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

There's no way to know without removing the driver and comparing it against whatever PE has to offer. They have a limited selection of shielded 10" drivers.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

So called 10" drivers vary from 10" frame diameter to as much as 11". To work right, T/S parameters should be very similar. Without that info, it's a bit of a crap shoot. And as Thomas notes, PE doesn't have much in 10's, especially not shielded and a long Xmax part . For example, one of the RS265 drivers "might" work just fine, but which one would be closest to the parameters in the Athena? And it might be that neither will actually fit in the box. Try to get some physical dimensions at least, and compare to what's offered.
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• arnaudasher
        • Feb 2006

Hello everyone, I am the buddy trying to replace the driver in my P3. I am going to take the driver out this weekend and hopefully I will have some more information for all of you. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Andy

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

You live in Dayton? Pull out the woofer, take it over to PE and have them find you a replacement.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"