Two Pairs of front Speakers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DJLucky0ne
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2005
    • 1

    #1

    Two Pairs of front Speakers?

    I just bought a new receiver and it lets me connect two pairs of front speakers to it...(not for seperate zones) where would these be positioned in a 6.1 setup? Thanks! :T
  • Justinuff
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2005
    • 3

    #2
    I think your receiver is giving you the option to biwire your front speakers. This splits the frequency signal to only let the lows go to your woofers and the highs to your mids and tweets. You can only do this if your front speakers have seperate biding posts, four in total.

    My receiver was set up this way and I utilized it. Most people say it doesn't make all that much difference, but if you can, I probably would. The only thing it costs you is two extra runs of speaker cable. Every little bit helps. I've been pleased with the outcome.

    Comment

    • David Meek
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000
      • 8934

      #3
      Interesting. What kind of receivers do you guys have?
      .

      David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

      Comment

      • Kemp
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2003
        • 117

        #4
        The second set of binding posts can be used for another pair of speakers in another location, although it is not a zone 2. Therefor whatever you listen to in the one area will be the same elsewhere. You could still biwire the speakers by connecting both cables to the same plug.
        Marius

        Comment

        • Justinuff
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2005
          • 3

          #5
          My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V2500

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          • johnmn
            Which pair is the best for front speaker? Which brand ? Bookshelf of Standing ?
            by johnmn
            I live in Canada and I want to buy speakers from the US, as a pair of front speakers for my HT, I narrow down to these pairs, they have the same price but I don't know which one is better in quality/performance:
            *Klipsch Synergy B-3 is US$330 at Amazon.com
            *Polk Audio Rti6 is US$300...
            29 September 2007, 13:17 Saturday
          • freon
            Wireing needed for Front wall sub
            by freon
            I am running wires for front wall. I have not purchased my sub yet, actually I may even try one of the sonotube designs I have seen in here.

            I am wondering what wires I would run to the front right and left corner of my front wall to accomodate any type of sub I may buy or build.
            ...
            13 March 2005, 10:08 Sunday
          • ibilisi
            Questions RE front 3 for cabinet
            by ibilisi
            Hello all, I was hoping you could help with something. My friend recently purchased a pretty nice DLP TV (panny 50) and is currently refinishing his basement. His mother is a woodworker and is finishing a new cabinet for him in cherry for the new basement. This friend and I built a couple pairs of...
            13 March 2005, 01:47 Sunday
          • monks
            Building an HTPC for Front Projection
            by monks
            Hi there,

            I'm considering building a HTPC primarily for watching DVD and DivX/xvid encoded material. My display is a LCD FP (Hitachi PJ-TX100) which has a native resolution of 1280x720. Currently I'm playing DVD's with a Cambridge Audio Azur 540D.

            I connected my existing...
            28 July 2004, 10:48 Wednesday
          • Crumpet
            Rotel 1095 with B&W Setup
            by Crumpet
            Hi Guys , im new to this forum and was hoping you Rotel guru's could help me out

            my speaker setup is as follows
            B&W 604's x 2 pairs (front & rear)
            B&W LCR6 Center

            I am currently driving these with my yamaha rx1000 which i love processing wise but...
            03 January 2005, 01:20 Monday
          • Loading...
          • No more items.
          Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"