X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freon
    • Mar 2005

Wireing needed for Front wall sub

I am running wires for front wall. I have not purchased my sub yet, actually I may even try one of the sonotube designs I have seen in here.

I am wondering what wires I would run to the front right and left corner of my front wall to accomodate any type of sub I may buy or build.

Would 1 rg-6 and 2 pairs of 10ga wire be fine to cover any type of sub I may encounter? I should I add anything else to the box..some cat5 maybe?. Plus my 120v outlet or course.
    My Media room construction page
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

Hey Freon,
    Just read your framing question and put a bit in there about an under floor-riser sub. If you are considering building your own, you can throw some drivers under the riser, mount them to the face, and get some deep bass, or so the gurus on here are telling me. I will begin mine as soon as we get the roof on the house. Anyway, if you are interested, let me know and I will direct you to the forum link and tell you what I know.
    Roly

Comment

• freon
      • Mar 2005

I have not ruled that option out yet either.
      My Media room construction page

Comment

• Patt
        • Feb 2005

I'm running my sub through the speaker level outputs so mine is very fine strand 12 gauge copper speaker cable.

This Forum is operated by CATCABLES.COM
        Last edited by Patt; 16 March 2005, 12:54 Wednesday. Reason: forgot the word "strand"
        ......Pat

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

If you have to run the cables through walls you'll most likely have to use inwall approved cables to meet code requirements. Home Depot sells some nice 12 gauge inwall wire that comes in a green outer jacket. Its what my whole house audio is wired with.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"