X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJLucky0ne
    • Mar 2005

Two Pairs of front Speakers?

I just bought a new receiver and it lets me connect two pairs of front speakers to it...(not for seperate zones) where would these be positioned in a 6.1 setup? Thanks! :T
  • Justinuff
    • Feb 2005

I think your receiver is giving you the option to biwire your front speakers. This splits the frequency signal to only let the lows go to your woofers and the highs to your mids and tweets. You can only do this if your front speakers have seperate biding posts, four in total.

My receiver was set up this way and I utilized it. Most people say it doesn't make all that much difference, but if you can, I probably would. The only thing it costs you is two extra runs of speaker cable. Every little bit helps. I've been pleased with the outcome.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Interesting. What kind of receivers do you guys have?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Kemp
        • Nov 2003

The second set of binding posts can be used for another pair of speakers in another location, although it is not a zone 2. Therefor whatever you listen to in the one area will be the same elsewhere. You could still biwire the speakers by connecting both cables to the same plug.
        Marius

Comment

• Justinuff
          • Feb 2005

My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V2500

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"