X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibilisi
    • Jan 2005

Questions RE front 3 for cabinet

Hello all, I was hoping you could help with something. My friend recently purchased a pretty nice DLP TV (panny 50) and is currently refinishing his basement. His mother is a woodworker and is finishing a new cabinet for him in cherry for the new basement. This friend and I built a couple pairs of speakers together some 7 years ago and I am currently trying to get back into things and have a couple projects in the build phases and plan on building the Modula MTMs this summer. However, in the meantime my friend asked if I could scope out possible designs that would fit in the cabinet that his mom has put together.

So, this is where you all come in. I was hoping you all could suggest a couple designs that would work well in the following cabinet. Now, the costs have to stay ~250 per speaker for the front 3.

Now the only change in the design at this point is tha the side top will still be 20" deep.

I know this is asking a lot but any help would be appreciated! I will for sure ask my friend to take shots so I can bring them back and give something back in case someone has a similar request in the future.

He was originally thinking an MTM design but I thought that might be tricky to fit and get the correct angle for imaging at the listening postition. Oh and there is a sub in the room a 15" JL (this will be replaced later), so the speakers don't have to ahve huge bass extension.

The room itself is rather large, but the listening levels don't have to be reference or even near, just a pleasent amount of power. So, with this in mind, a MT is a possibility- Adire Extremis MT perhaps (in a smaller non-ported enc?) Other thoughts/plans that are a good idea?

HUGE thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You should check the Modula designs that are 'stickey' threads at the top of this forum. If they're build into the cabinet you'll need the change the baffle step compensation circuits.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"