X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RotelBorn
    • Sep 2016

Rotel RA-1570 suddenly makes puff-noise from left channel

I got some really good suggestions here last year regardning an USB-humming noise, and now some year later, I might try this forum again.

After being away for a week, returning home, switchin on my amp, suddenly I hear a constant "puff" from the left channel (speaker).
    It sounds like the noise you hear when switch off some systems, like a condensator is being decharged. Very weak noise but indeed noticable.

The Hz is about 30, so every 2 seconds the "puff" will sound, it is a short sound, like 1/10 of a second.
    0s-[Puff]----------------------------------1s----------------------------------2s-[Puff]---------------------------------

It doenst matter which input I choose, only disconnected ones are silent. And the amp even makes this noise while being only thing with power. My PC is connected via OPT-1 and USB. When turned off (PC) no puffing sound, but as soon as the Rotel gets a signals, the amp makes the "click" and start to amp, and then the puff starts.

That is when I found the cause. And it made me a bit electric.
    The SUB-woofer line out is connected to a amped subwoofer (powered by an other outlet) and when I unplugged the line-cable two things happened; 1: I got somewhat electified, I could feel the voltage running thru my arm and maybe leg, and 2: the puffing noise stopped!

And that concludes the topic: my apartment lacks some kind of good power lining and I have to think of something smart to fix this.
    Any suggestions is nice, but think of this as a log so someone else might get help from it.

Good long summer to you all!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"