X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • revclasse
    • Jul 2014

Classe CAP 2100 volume noise

Hello,
    Recently I bought an used integrated Classe Cap 2100. This weekend, while I was listening at my stereo, when I used the volume, suddenly it went up to maximum for a half second, making a huge noise. This happened for a few times, but just when i used the volume. Also it happened when I lowered the volume, not just when I increased it. When it happened first time the volume was around 57%, but it behaved the same at a lower level. After that, I tried without playing music and the classe behaved like in the following movie. The same happened when it was connected to the Line 2 and 3. I` ve checked the sensors and the temperature was 51 C degree. I plan to do a firmware upgrade, I do not know if it is a software glitch or some issues on the preamp side.

View My Video
    Do you have any idea what is going on with it?

My equipment is: speakers Revel Performa 3 F206, Panasonic CD-Player and Classe CAP-2100 connected with 10 awg cables.

Best regards,
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Resetting to factory defaults, and/or a firmware update would be a good first step. If that doesn't fix it, you've probably got a hardware issue.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• revclasse
      • Jul 2014

Hi,
      I paid two months ago around 800$ to be fixed in service at Classe! The defect was NON VIDEO UNIT FRONT PANEL BOA. They charged me 3 hours of labor and the part. Now, I want to change the voltage from 110 to 220 because I am in the process of moving for a few years in OZ, and I want to take it with me, so for this change they want me to pay 180$ plus shipping both ways. Just for changing a jumper two.

Best regards!

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

Are you sure is just for changing a jumper? As far as I am aware the delta series (apart from the CP800 and CAD200) need a different PSU.

And things breaking is an occupational hazard of buying second hand out of warranty.
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• revclasse
          • Jul 2014

Hi.
          No, I am not sure, but I see the jumper for 230 V and the one for varistors. The issues is that I need to see a picture of one Classe Cap 2100 from which works with 220 V. I have looked online, asked people, but until now nothing.
          Best regards,

Comment

• TomScrut
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Nov 2013

The CP500 also has a jumper but AFAIK its not the only thing that needs changing, based on what I read on here IIRC.

The stuff with SMPS such as the CP800, CAD200 and the Sigma series are dual voltage.
            Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• TomScrut
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Nov 2013

If it was an easy change us Europeans would be buying the stuff in from the US where second hand prices aren't as high and worth paying the tax on

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"