• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Pioneer Elite Blu Ray players.

What's up everyone?
    Anyone go check out or buy one of the new Elite Blu ray players? They look interesting , I feel a little to late but IF they are built by Pioneer to the older standards I might want to pick one up.
  • Sharp 1080
    • Dec 2009

I have used Pioneer Elite players in the past and was very pleased with it. I gave up on Pioneer. There are better units on the market. I have switched to Oppo BDP-105, they offer factory updates over the internet, and sound audiophile quality great. Good luck on your choice.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

I picked up a second BD back a couple of years ago I guess, Pioneer Elite. Hardly Elite standards of old, but it loads faster, which is good. I have underutilized it, due to time spent on other things, or watching movies on HBO/Showtime etc... I am finally able to use my player for 3D, it seemed to do pretty good wearing the glasses for my Samsung 4K TV. I need to watch another movie on it soon, if I can get the glasses turned on. It's a whole "thing" lol. I finally figured it out. But my Lexicon is down right now, movies in channel is ok, but not quite as dynamic.

I will probably wait for 4K BD if that happens...
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David G
        • Jan 2005

Pioneer are not keeping up with the other manufacturers and are overpriced IMO. I'd look elsewhere.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Wish I could afford a top Oppo model. I'm disappointed actually, that they stopped making BD changers. I'd use one, but one hasn't been made for maybe 7 years.

At this point, though, my next disc player purchase will be a 4k player.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"