• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Since Paul Walker Died.....

Hello all,
    I decided to re watch the Fast and Furious series as I really love those movies. I have the first and 2nd one on DVD , I skipped over Toyko Drift as I didn't really like that one, and have Fast and Furious 5 on Blu ray.

So with my broken collection and my Best Buy $20 in rewards points , I decided to pick up some of the holes. I repurchased the first one on Blu ray and picked up Fast and Furious 4 also on Blu ray. I spent a total of $6.85 for both movies. That rules and I love Best Buy's Reward Points.

I watched the First one and noticed better video quality but the black levels. I think the Black levels on the DVD are better but the video isn't as clear or sharp as the Blu ray. Sound quality wise they are about equal. I think they just transferred the DVD right to Blu ray. It' fine.

They come in these metal collector cases that I could care less about. I'm going to pick up Fast and Furious 6 this weekend and watch them all over the next few weeks.I might even pick up Toyko Drift but I don't remember how that even fits into the Story line , does it? Or is it a stand alone movie?
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Tokyo Drift is supposed to fall after FF6. I think the end of 6 is like the beginning of 3, if that makes sense.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

I did see Tokyo drift before. There's mention of the other guys from FF, but I am not sure there's hardly any of them in the film. It was different for sure. It's been a long time since I saw it though, don't remember much now.
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I find the series to be goofy, silly stories that are guilty pleasures to watch as a fun couple of hours. Haven't bothered with F&F6.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

Re watched 4 and 5 and now I gotta pick up 6. yeah they are silly and goofy story lines , un realistic most of the time especially dragging a vault down the road with 2 Chargers , smashing everything in site etc etc etc but you know what? They are still very fun to watch and I really enjoy them. Not to mention I'm a car junkie.

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

I'd like to see a Blu-ray box set of all of them. I am not sure they can or will continue the series with Paul gone. I think I own 1 on regular DVD. I don't think I own any other, but probably have the one with the chargers and the safe on DVR.

I like Gone in 60 seconds too as far as car movies.
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Speaking of, Doug, I keep trying to get the Gone in 60 Seconds ORIGINAL version to watch. See how it compares to the Nick Cage/Angelina Jolie version.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Dmantis
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Lex
                I'd like to see a Blu-ray box set of all of them. I am not sure they can or will continue the series with Paul gone. I think I own 1 on regular DVD. I don't think I own any other, but probably have the one with the chargers and the safe on DVR.

I like Gone in 60 seconds too as far as car movies.
                I carried that movie around with me to use as a demo after a Theater Install. Now I gotta go re watch it. I loved that movie. I should go see if Best buy has it on Blu ray. I own it on DVD.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"