X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Maranzt UD7007

any comments, experience, or knowledge about this fine looking player with digital, analog, outputs, and xlr 2 channel audio output? Looks pretty nice, is this a rebadge, or a unique manufactured piece by Marantz?

Shop the Marantz™ official site. Founded by legendary acoustic expert Saul Marantz. Discover exceptional AV with our receivers, amplifiers, & more.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I am currently using a (long in tooth) Marantz DV6400 for SACD/DVD-A/CD playback in my 2 channel system and I rely on its analogue output stage. If I needed to upgrade that player (it is nearly 10 years old, and going fine for now, but eventually it will need replacing), this one would be on my list for the same purpose, as I've been quite happy with my current Marantz. However, I would not likely go so far up the budgetary scale if I were seeking a new player for my HT, as I would be using an all digital path and the analogue stage would be irrelevant in that case.

Comment

• ldgibson76
      • Aug 2011

Hello Ovation.

If the analogue stage is not of importance, than why consider the UD7007? When you're talking digital only functionality, the UD5007 will do the exact same thing the 7007 will do but for more than half the money. The advantage that the 7007 has over the 5007 is the analogue staging and DAC converters within.

UD7007 and UD5007

Based on what you need the player to do, the 5007 will be more than adequate.
      Regards,

ldgibson76
      My Setup
      The 2 Channel Within
      "Chance favors only the prepared mind."
      -Louis Pasteur

"Foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      -Douglas Adams

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

I believe you may have mis-understood Ovation. He said he used the analog portion of an older version, and therefore he personally would be interested in this model because of it's analog outputs. However, he was saying for home theater only, might not need to climb the Marantz ladder quite so far, and get one without analog outputs, or lower line analog outputs. I'd have to see which is available. I posted this because it was a nice piece, however, truthfully unless I used it for CD only, I would 0nly use the digital outputs, unless I used it with an old classe 2 channel pre-amp that I own. But then I would be under utilizing the blu-ray usage purpose for buying a blu-ray. Unless I had a system that incorporated D to A manually using a bypass input (if possible), then this is probably to much unit to buy for me personally, down the road... I would be better served keeping it in the digital spectrum, unless I bought a piece only for 2 channel later, which I might.

Doug
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• ldgibson76
          • Aug 2011

Hello Doug.

My apologies. I thought that Ovation was the actually inquiring about the UD7007 as a replacement for his DV6004. The UD7007 is shares the same platform of the Denon DBT-3313UDCI with several analogue stage enhancements. One being an XLR stage and a more substantial RCA L&R stage along with the HDAM-SA2 (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules). The Marantz also employs a Coaxial digital output. That, along with the aesthetic differences, they are basically the same player with the 7007 having a $200.00 premium for the superior analogue stage. Again, my apologies for the misunderstanding.
          Regards,

ldgibson76
          My Setup
          The 2 Channel Within
          -Louis Pasteur

-Douglas Adams

Comment

• ldgibson76
            • Aug 2011

By the way, I hope you do not take my description of the 7007 as a criticism or slighting it because of it's relationship to the Denon player. The Marantz UD7007 is a beautiful device with excellent credentials and performance measurements. It is a Marantz thru and thru. It has some of the internals of the components featured in their Reference series. That alone gives the UD7007 some exclusivity from it's Denon stablemate. :W
            Last edited by ldgibson76; 23 February 2013, 21:24 Saturday.
            Regards,

ldgibson76
            My Setup
            The 2 Channel Within
            -Louis Pasteur

-Douglas Adams

Comment

• Ovation
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

No problem. My living room has a 2 channel rig (no real space for a full 5.1 setup) and my AVR in the living room lacks HDMI, so my SACD/DVD-A playback must remain in the analogue domain as far as player output goes. That is where my interest (if my DV6400 were to give up the ghost in the near future) in the 7007 lies. My HT AVR, as of last year, has HDMI capability, as well as an effective room compensation EQ that requires the use of digital inputs, so my SACD/DVD-A setup in there is already on a digital path and will remain that way should I need to replace my current Cambridge Audio DVD99.

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Most of the Marantz line consists of products that have roots in Denon products but with very built up analog stages and some other extra things, like their new top of the line processor is more or less the 4520, although it has a completely different digital stage and analog stage with XLR outputs AND it has a copper chassis Of course for the kind of money it costs you'd expect those kinds of upgrades!

Comment

• Alaric
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

Marantz generally has a good reputation with disc players. I don't have experience with the above models , but I don't recall ever reading a bad review , and I have always been very pleased with my Marantz SACD player. Marantz is probably one of the safer buys in electronics , not many lemons in their lineup.
                  Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                  Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                  Schiit Modi 3
                  Marantz CD5005
                  Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Dmantis
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jun 2004

Looks like a very nice well built player. Marantz and Denon seem to share the same platform. I've done the 7006 and thought it was a very nice player. It's refreshing to see better built players like these over the common $299 and down models.

Comment

• Kobus
                      • Aug 2005

I am getting a 7007 this week for dvd. Also for 2 channel while my CDP100 is in a state of limbo.

Will report back soon.

Comment

• Kobus
                        • Aug 2005

OK

Update 1. This unit will serve as Cd player for the foreseeable future as my CDP100 is DEAD. :evil:

Sound wise I an 100% satisfied. Totally, I can not fault it.

I also have a 5007 and still want to compare the two.

I wish the display was bigger. The lcd font is really small, difficult to see what track is playing.

Comment

• John Holmes
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Can't ask for much more than that. Glad you are satisfied with the Marantz.
                          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"