X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GlennG
    • Oct 2004

Marantz SR7400 or Rotel RSX-1056

I have been shopping around for a new receiver now for the past month and have again narrowed my choices. l know that the Rotel RSX-1056 is probably a better receiver than the Marantz SR7400 but the 1056 has no phono jack nor does it have a headphone jack. I have listened to both receivers and found them both to sound very similar. I would like for some of you owners of these receivers to give me a good argument as to why I should chose one over the other. I will make my decision then.
  • pdr711
    • Sep 2004

I was in your shoes a little over a month ago. I was looking at the 8400 vs 1056. They both sounded great side by side on the same speaker setup. Price wise they were about the same. So I looked at reputation. Once again almost the same. Great reputation for each. I ended up with the Rotel because of looks. I thought everything was about equal except I love the silver finish on the Rotel.

I am no expert but maybe this will help you in some way.

Dan

Comment

• GlennG
      • Oct 2004

Thanks Dan

Comment

• hemifever
        • Oct 2004

I listened to the 7400 and the 1056 side by side playing the same song over and over. The 1056, to me, played a much more fulfilling sound. It had "depth". It's a hard thing to desribe but the 1056 won hands down. So I bought the 1067.

Comment

• TTA89
          • Oct 2004

The more I read about the Rotel 1056 the more I am interested in it. What is the street price on it? You can get a 7400 for $899 with free shipping from onecall but I can't find anything but the MSRP price on Rotels site.

I hate actually having to go into a store and deal with salesman or worse yet waste his time.. What can I expect to pay for a 1056 from a local retailer? What did you guy pay?
          -Mike

My Home Theater Gear

Comment

• GlennG
            • Oct 2004

The best price that I got from a retailer for the 1056 was $1100.

Comment

• mattburk
              • Feb 2003

I love rotel products. I was in the same situation a few months back and picked the Marantz over the rotel, mainly for features: 4 extra channels of power and a headphone amp.
              The 7500/8500 are coming out soon. They both add acoustic calibration, and the 8500 ads usb input and dvi switching. I would say the rsx 1067 might edge out the 8400 in sound, not by much if it even does. but I like the features of the 8400. I would put the 9300 a step above the 1067 and even on par with their entry level separates.
              You can also buy the Marantz online for 35% off retail.
              Last edited by mattburk; 25 October 2004, 04:33 Monday.
              www.mycstone.com
              www.coverednow.com
              www.biarenton.com

Comment

• pdr711
                • Sep 2004

If you are interested in refurbs. You can get a 8400 from accessories 4 less. They are authorized Marantz refurb sellers. The 8400 is around $1000.

Comment

• mds
                  • Sep 2004

I also paid $1100 for a 1056 from a dealer, it was money VERY well spent.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"