X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    • Oct 2004

Arcam "AV9" -- What is the Word?

I am a new member, but I have been checking out various threads lately as I put together much better gear to replace a Bose Lifestyle 35 system (which will be for sale very soon). I am trying to hold out on the phantom upgrade to the Arcam AV8 and have heard precious little of substance about what/when/where etc. :M I held out for an HDMI version of their FMJ DVD-A player, and was rewarded with the very lovely DV29. :E Any information any of you might have gathered on the AV9 would be great. Arcam is exhibiting at a couple of shows in the UK over the next couple of weeks, and maybe they will announce something there. Unfortunately, they do not appear to be doing Home Entertainment 2004 in my home town. I am hoping they will not wait for CES in January or Sound & Vision Bristol next February. Don't know if I can wait that long... 8O
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Voltron,

From Bose Lifestyle 35 to Arcam... a BIG step up...

I don't think anyone knows about the date for the AV9 (or whatever it is called) as Arcam are rumoured to be still working on it.. Betting people would have it next year... If you are itching for an upgrade - why wait get the AV8 now (unless you already have that HDMI monitor and want to switch it though the processor?)

Geoff

Comment

• Voltron
      • Oct 2004

Geoff-

Thanks for your response. I have read most of the Arcam posts by you, BladeRunner and SithLord, and they only encouraged this HUGE upgrade. Softened up the wife with the more discrete Bose, even though it basically blows other than convenience features, and now she really likes the look of the Gallo Ref 3s I just bought. As to the AV8 vs. "AV9" question, I do have an HDMI plasma about to be delivered and would like to run everything though the processor and then to the display. It is not a huge deal because the Pioneer Elite plasma has an outboard unit for connections, and some people suggest it would be preferable for the DV29 HDMI output to go directly into the Pioneer HDMI input in any event. I am not sure. Thoughts? I think if I hear it will take 6 months to see the new Arcam unit, I will have to break down. I'm going to keep poking around for a little while--it might be half the fun anyway! :B

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"