X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay
    • Oct 2004

I'm A Rotelien newbie and need advice on speakers

Hi Everyone

I hope this lands up in the wright spot as it is my first post.

I plan on getting a Rotel rsx 1056 and RDV 1060 Dvd player.

My question is regarding matching speakers for the above. Can some one give me their opinion on Boston vs B&W quality wise.

I am considering BW 603 S3 for the fronts with an LCR 600 S3 centre and for the rears DM 600 S3.

The other option is the Boston system:

CR 95 fronts
    CRC centre
    CR 55 rear

My room size is roughly 5m x 4m (it could be a little smaller).

So anybody's comments on the quality of these two systems and the sound of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Jay
    Last edited by Jay; 06 October 2004, 19:12 Wednesday.
  • hery
    • Mar 2003

Jay
    You should post your thread in the Club Rotel and you should get a lot more responses from people that have the receiver and dvd player that your'e getting.
    It seems like your'e on the right track with speaker selection, B&W and Rotel have the same distributor so they'll always be in the same store. I have the RSX-1055 with the B&W CM series speakers and love them. As far as Boston's go, only heard a demo in the store and liked what I heard but the pro's say that speaker shopping is a very subjective thing, meaning it's what your ears like the most. When shopping take your own material, which you are familiar with and good luck. Hope this helps!

Comment

• ds22030
      • Sep 2004

If going B&W, try to go to the 703 as they sound much better IMO. Bostons, I have only heard the VR and VR-Ms......man the VR-Ms are awesome...sound fantastic....to bad they are $2400 for the main floor standers. Paradigm Studio 100s also sounded awesome... at the same price tho. I ended up getting Polk LSi 15. Increadible detail and clarity....about half the price of hte others so I can afford to get a 1075....

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Try doing a search both in Home Theatre and Club Rotel for speakers and read up on the many threads with recommendations.

Also hery, I believe this post was moved from Club Rotel

Jason
        Jason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"