X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pez
    • May 2004

Thank you tax free shopping in MA

As some members may know this past weekend was tax free shopping in MA (basically, items under $2500 are tax free for the weekend, exluding things like cars and boats). I saw this as a great opportunity to look at some B&W's. When I went to a dealer in Boston I wasnt expecting much a deal since my local dealer doesnt offer much of one even though I have spent some good money at his store. I had a set price in mind and if I could get it I would pull the trigger. Well, his deal was better than I expected and when you factor in no tax it turned out to be a hell of a deal. I bought the 804S's and HTM3 (and an audio rack). I have lusted at these speakers for years and thought the price increase of the new version would make them unattainable for some time. Now its a waiting game until I pick them up on Friday.

I think my biggest concern with this new line is the high price of the DS8. I am a big believer in matching speakers all around but I dont think I can justify $3K retail for a pair of surround speakers. What I may do is get the DS6's for now and maybe in a year or two rethink about getting the DS8's. How do you think the DS6's would sound with my mains/center? I am currenly using a pair of Paradigm ADP-470 for surrounds.

I am using a Denon AVR-3805 with an Earthquake 3 channel amp for the front three speakers. If MA does the no tax weekend again next year I may upgrade to a pre/pro and amp for surrrounds/multi-zone then. For now, my current equipment is fine.

(The pics in my sig need to be updated.)
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"