X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

would like evaluation on system

Would like to see how you would evaluate my system.Rotel rsx1056(just received),Defintive technology procinema 100's w/c2 center and 200tl sub.Panasonic rp56 dvd,marantz cc4300 cd player.I'll have approx 1,200.00 in the next few months and may upgrade the front three spkrs.But before i do anything would like to know what you think of my present system and what would you guys think would be the best upgrade.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Looking good :T What are you using for a display?

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Bam!
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by rick c
      Would like to see how you would evaluate my system.Rotel rsx1056(just received),Defintive technology procinema 100's w/c2 center and 200tl sub.Panasonic rp56 dvd,marantz cc4300 cd player.I'll have approx 1,200.00 in the next few months and may upgrade the front three spkrs.But before i do anything would like to know what you think of my present system and what would you guys think would be the best upgrade.
      Very well balanced......
      Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Depending on where your priorities lie (HT vs music) there's a number of options on what to do next...things like a front projector for movies, a bigger sub, better transport for music or more likely a speaker upgrade.

Comment

• rick c
          • Aug 2004

My display is a panasonic ct-36hx40-great picture.I would upgrade spks if spending 1,200. on front three would get me a significant upgrade.If not maybe get the hd tivo.What do you think ?.

Comment

• Kodaz
            • Aug 2004

Andrew,

Are you trying to infect this person with upgraditis?

For all you know he could be happy with what he'd got

But then he wouldn't know what he's midding out on know would he.....

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

If he's surkfing the web looking for a HT board and asking for an evaluation of what he's got most likely upgrading is a foregone conclusion...he already knows the answer..he just doesn't understand the question yet

Comment

• Shane Martin
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2001

I would upgrade spks if spending 1,200. on front three would get me a significant upgrade.If not maybe get the hd tivo.
                I'd upgrade the speakers. Naturally many will suggest you try out B&W since you already have Rotel. Some say there is a match there sonically.

Comment

• ajpoe
                  • Jul 2004

I went with the HD Tivo... I have never had Tivo and have heard such great things about it. It's in my house but currently in the unopened box keeping my chair warm. I am still trying to negociate an activation credit from DirecTV :W

I don't know how much those Def Techs run to know whether you would really get that much of an upgrade spending $1200 on 3 speakers. Unless you get them used you're probably going to end up spending a lot more sometime down the road.

ajpoe
                  AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"