X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian Barnes
    • Jul 2004

Denon Confusion

Hey guys,

I was told by my local Denon Dealer that the Denon 2805 is exactly the same as the Denon 985. With one slight differnce! $800 for the 2805 & $625 for the 985. The local dealer told me that the reason why this exists is so that denon can offer the same receiver @ a lower price without pissing off it's delaers like Tweeter etc......

I spoke with another local dealer who quoted me $800 for the 2805 and he told me he could not sell me the 985. He did say that after looking at the specs they appear to be exactly the same.

If anyone can explain this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brian
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Sounds like you might be on to something there. From a quick Google search It seems the 985 is just a lower priced version of the 2805 that Denon offers to department stores etc. You might want to do some investigating to confirm there are no other differences.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Brian Barnes
      • Jul 2004

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/AVR985S.pdf[/URL]

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"