Share your defining moment for HT Addiction...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gene Simmons
    • Sep 2004

Really great stories guys! Very entertaining.

For me it was when I was 12 and in the hospital for an operation and one of my teachers came to visit and brought me a stack of his Stereo Review magazines. Thats it, I was done! Got a job in the summer before grade 11 and saved every penny and had my Dad take me to Advance where I got a Yamaha Receiver and CD player with - get a load of this Andrew - Power speakers! Been a Yammy receiver junkie ever since. I've had upgradeitis ever since I was 16 Its a hopeless addiction as you all know.

Take care boys!

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

2-15-76 posting in.

anyways,

I've always had a strong love of music, so I'll skip ahead to surround sound. What got me hooked on it was the Bose demo of Days of Thunder at Sams. Everytime I went there w/ my family, I immediately gravitated to that section. I had a hodgepodge of speakers that I had hooked into every speaker connection on my PL at the time, but in 97 I went all out and bought that Bose acoustimas system, a yamaha receiver w/ DD and the toshiba DVD player. This was when there were like 5 DVD's out. I bet I watched stargate 100 times.

I immediately began upgrading my speakers until I ended up w/ b&w 604's in the front, matrix center, as-6 sub and 603's in the rear. In the last 14 months, I have since upgraded every part of that system except the 603's which will be replaced next march, which started by me buying a 30 inch HD tv for $500 (was damaged). what a slippery slope it has been.

It is my hope now that when I finish the speaker upgrade, the only items that will ever be upgraded will be additional speakers for 7.1 one day, TV, DVD and I will replace my receiver every 5 years.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"