X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charl
    • Apr 2004

Rotel RDV-1050 vs NAD T533

My local dealer has almost talked me out of buying the Rotel RDV-1050 dvd player 8O in favour of the NAD T533, which is exactly half the price (this has got to be first!). He sells both brands, but insists the NAD is better in picture quality and at least equal in sound quality.

Both have DVD-Audio, progressive scan and the rest of the general specs.

Surely there's a reason why the Rotel costs twice as much????
    I am a Rotel fan, so I'm hoping someone can dispute the dealer's advice.
    Unfortunately I can't do a comparitive demo on these units.
  • chrischch
    • Aug 2004

Hi
    I have had a demo of the Rotel and with a little tweaking of the DLP projector I was watching (InFocus ScreenPlay 4805), it provided an awesome picture. The sound was great too.
    I have not experienced the Nad alternative. If your local store sells both, how come you cannot compare the two? Or has the store owner got a good deal with his Nad products and want to shift them? Im such a cynic.
    I too have been looking at whats available. One shop I went to, the owner has been in the industry all his life (hes over 60 now) and says that Rotel are not up to scratch compared to Denon - in this example we would be looking at the Denon 2200 against the Rotel RDV-1050. I am off to test out his theory today !
    Good luck

Comment

• Charl
      • Apr 2004

The Rotel has only recently arrived in South Africa, so very few units to go around. Secondly, I support a dealer 400 miles away in another city, which makes demo-ing a problem.

Let us know the results of your test!

Comment

• Kemp
        • Nov 2003

Charl,

The dealers that I talked to also don't like NAD. The one dealer stock NAD and Rotel and he based his opinion on the return ratio versus other makes and it is very high. Built quality is apparantly a problem. I haven't experienced it myself though.

Marius
        Marius

Comment

• Charl
          • Apr 2004

Howdy Marius, are you saying that your dealers are suggesting the Rotel is better? And is this based on the build quality only?
          Thanks for your input.

Charl

Comment

• Kemp
            • Nov 2003

Charl,

Yes, they feel Rotel is better when it comes to build quality. In fact they tend to feel that Nad's build quality could be the worst of the "better" equipment. I have also heard that Nad has noticed this and have been working on improving this part.

Marius
            Marius

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"