• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

List Your Receiver.....

Hey all!

I need help. I have narrowed down my choice of HT receivers to the Rotel RSX 1056 but I want to know all the receivers available on the planet with the same list price as this 1056 or about the same price!

Thanks so much...so let`s get the up there!!!

Bam!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

I'm also in the market for a reciever in the $1,000 US area and also considering the Rotel 1056 but the lack of 7 full amplified channels is the biggest concern. By the time I add an amp I'm far past my budget.

The biggest features I needed were/are:
    Pro Logic IIx
    3 component ins(with good enough bandwidth)

Of the current models, The Denon 3805 which was just released and the Rotel were pretty much it or the top of the range. The Yamaha RXV2400 is nice but lacks the 3rd component in otherwise its good. The Marantz 7400 is in that range too but I kept hearing about audio dropouts on them so I'm avoiding them.

So right now its either Denon or Rotel and after reading ALOT about the Denon I don't think I can go wrong with it. It is $100 cheaper but it has 7 channels internally as opposed to the Rotel. The Rotel is upgradable though..

Needless to say if I can get a decent deal on the Rotel then I'll probably go that route because I could afford to add the amp at that point but if that is not the case then I'll have to either push my budget farther or just buy the Denon and move on. I can't imagine there is alot to "upgrade" other than DVI switching and both receivers will have to be replaced at that point anyway. The Denon has a bonus of the Auto Room EQ and the Denon Link(though its proprietary..)

I'm strongly considering both at this point as should anyone else in the market for a $1,000 receiver. If you don't need 3 component ins, then the Yamaha 2400 is a pretty stellar deal.

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

Currently using a Yamaha RX-V1400 paired with a Rotel RMB-1095.

ht_addict

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I have a Yamaha RX-V1 which when new was substantially more than $1K, but retails for a little above that now - if you can find it. It may not have the formats the newer units have or the YPAO, but it's amps are stellar - especially for a receiver - and it's analog bypass puts out a really fine sound. Let's just say that I'm using it in my 2-channel set-up driving Aerial Acoustic 7Bs and it's holding up its end of things.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bam!
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2004

Hey Guys!

Shane thanks for that..I haven' t even thought of Denon ops: ...

Jason, Dave ! Yamaha...I'll go check that one out too...the only problem I see with Yamaha is the store that sells don' t have any upgrade policies vs the other stores will take by my receiver the first year att 100% credit!!!!

Anyway who is to say I would change the receiver within one year anyway...it is not like this is my 4th Home Theater setup in 2 years ops:

Bam!
          Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Shane, I'd recommend the Rotel, get a cheap, used, small amp to power your rears for now off of Audiogon or Ebay. Then when you have the money buy a nice RB-1070 or 1080 to power the mains. You won't regret it.

Here's some I found on a quick search:

I like that old Marantz! That'd be cool to keep afterwards too

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
            Jason

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"