X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

Marantz SACD Player

Does anyone have any opinion on the Marantz SA8260 SACD player?
    Thanks in Advance

Adz
    Adz
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Likely a good machine but I'd personally vote for the Denons or the Yamaha universal players first. (Or the mega bucks players if I had the $ ) Is there a reason you want a standalone SACD player specifically?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Adz
      • Jan 2004

Yes, I wanted a dedicated SACD/CD player to get the better sound and then concentrate on the DVD player with the better video and not worry about how good the CD audio is on that player. But I guess to fill my understanding gap, I don't want to sacrifice DVD movie sound quality. Som do you know if there are different audio componenets in a player - one for CD/SACD and the other for DVD?

Adz
      Adz

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Personally if that's the case I recommend a good universal from the likes of Denon/Yamaha/Pioneer/Marantz for DVD-V/DVD-A and SACD. Then a good standalone CD player from say Rotel, (to match the rest of your gear) as yes a standalone CD player will have specialized components to optimize it's performance for CD playback.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"