X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiffnme
    • Apr 2003

Surge Protection

Over the past year I've spent way too much money on my HT upgrades. The purchases will more than likely continue this year.

What do you suggest to protect my gear from power surges and brown outs?

I'm not a believer in line conditioners improving the sound of my system, and don't want this to turn into a debate on that matter. I simply want something that will protect my gear, not cost a small fortune, and if possible - look nice.

Here's what I've got to protect...

Rotel RSP-1066
    Rotel RMB-1075
    Odyssey Stratos
    Denon DVD-2900
    TV
    VCR
    Cable box

This is what I currently am using. Is that good enough?

Since I love my Rotel gear, and like the clean look of it, I've also considered their RLC 900 Would that provide better protection?

If neither of these seem to fit the bill, what do you suggest. Thanks for the help.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
    All Daredevil, All the Time!
  • spiffnme
    • Apr 2003

hmmm...bumped from club rotel. I asked specifically about a Rotel RLC900, and most of my gear to be protected is Rotel. Oh well...I'm not the admin.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
    All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• ht_addict
      • Dec 2002

This is what I use for my HT. Monster HTS 1000mkII

What I like about it is the seperation of audio and video outlets as well as its protection.

Some people swear by Brickwall since they don't use mov's. Here is one that may interest you.

https://trorderonline.thomasregister.com/itemdetails.aspx?AZ=73618928&cat=2352&origin=olc&p rof=143384&itemid=1021955&phid=81393209&search_typ e=&searchstring=

The last option you have is getting a whole house surge protection unit. Contact your local Electriction for info. Runs about $200 from what I've read. Then you can stick with your surge protector you have.

ht_addict

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Whole house protection is the best option. If you have a GE breaker box they make a relatively inexpensive unit that occupies a dual slot in the breaker box.

Other companies offer surface mounted devices that go between the meter and the breaker box.

If all you want is a point-of-use device, then the units made by BrickWall are the best.

theAudioWorx
        Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"