X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzzione
    • Sep 2003

I'm in Big! Nautilus805/803/Rotel setup

Well after spending most of my evenings reading posts on this site I finally made the plunge.
    RSX 1055
    RMB 1075
    Fronts- Nautilus 803s
    Rears - Nautilus 805s
    I have not used all of my budget yet, so I am looking at getting a Nautilus center channel and not sure yet on the sub. I only have about 2k left for my budget. I could squeeze more but hell my wife's pockets have some limits.
    What I really wanted to say was Mr. Pratt your insightful dialogue helped in making my equipment decision. I am still in the learning phase and I have much more to learn. I just needed the equipment to start trying some of the things you talk about on this board. For me you have been instrumental and I just wanted to say thank you.

Now for the newbie issue. The most perplexing thing for me now is the cable connecting amp/receiver. My dealer let me borrow some for two weeks. I have something called "transparent." I am just not sure what is the best product to use to interconnect the amp/receiver to power my front speakers. Using the amp for the 803s and the receiver for the 805s surrounds. My dealer is suggesting some 300 buck cables which seem kind of high.

As for the surround I was going to use 14 gauge cable from home depot as many suggested here. My dealer will charge 4.00 a foot for the same, attaching banana fittings. I have no clue of what cable to use for my 803s. Nonetheless, should look elsewhere for these cables.

cheers dale :LOL: P.S. Damn I love this system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Attention Dr. Lex, Dale and his fine system are in need of that final touch...ie interconnects. He'll be feverish til he gets his hands on some Cat or Quantums.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• jazzzione
      • Sep 2003

Keith,
      Oh so very right. Lex has been awsome. I am getting some silvercats and other meoow stuff as well.

hee hee

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Your very much welcome ops:

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

meoow stuff
          I like that!!! Just make sure you read the little insert on how to connect them. Very easy, but I know of at least one unfortuate fool who tore open the box and wondered why the things didn't connect the way my others did, until I...I mean that fool...read the instructions. ops:

Keith
          Keith

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

hey Dale! Yeah, Dale and I are communicatin! Hopefully he will get his order in by the weekend.

I'm excited!

Lex
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"