• Show
Clear All
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

Which amps to use?

So I have this amp:http://www.amchome.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=Amplifiers

And this one:http://www.amchome.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=Amplifiers

Now that I'm getting ready to start building my HT room, I'm wonder as well which amp should run which speakers. I initially bought the second stereo amp (100x2) to run my back two center speakers (Energy C-2's) and the 5x150 amp for my Center (Energy AC-300, L/R (Energy C-2's), and side speakers (Axiom QS-8's). But now I'm wondering if I should use the stereo amp for my L/R and have the 5 channel run my center, side, and back center speakers.

My thinking is since most of the drain will be on center channel and L/R, by not having these three on the same amp I may get better performance because they are not all drawing current from the same amp.

Watcha guys think? Of course I will try this out once the room is up, but I'd love to get some input on this too....maybe one of you is running something similar?

Thanks!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

With this setup, I'd use the 2 channel amp on the mains and the 5 channel for the center, sides, and rears.

In addition to the usual advantages of giving the mains their own power supply, you could even turn off the 5 channel amp when you're using the system for 2 channel audio.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
    My HT Site

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"