• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Denon 5800..I am in Love!

Hi!,,

Just wanted to pop in and say that after having owned the Denon 5800 for about a month now, I have come to the conlusion that this is the best receiver I have ever owned. I love it!(That was an easy decision. )

@ 170 watts per channel,,I now understand what Headroom means.

@ Clean accurate high quality sound/ via the high quality components inside.

@ The L.F.E. output is more dynamic in comparison to my previous NAD T770 receiver.

@ DTS Neo has brought DSS listening to a new level..All channels full range with L.F.E. ,,the icing on the cake.

@ DTS ES...6 discrete channels.

@ THX EX surround.

@ 7 Channel stereo...7 Speakers.

@ Improved picture with all video sources routed through the Denon 5800. Picture color is more rich and vibrant.

@ Pure Direct Stereo.

@ Easy to use on screen menu's.

@ Seperate Bass/Treble Controls for each channel which is memory stored for each source.

@ DPL II upgrade available in September.

Plus much More!! Still playing around with all the features.
    This receiver has definately brought my HomeTheater to the next level.

I love my Denon.
    I love my Wife Too!

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Cool Trev, it's nice to see your actually satisfied with a product. Just don't let it get dusty, you might have to trade it, lol.

But seriously, when I first read the specs on the Deon, I decided that if I owned a receiver instead of my Lexicon, that would have a good chance @ being it.

Now, all you need are some really nice cables for analog connectivity. Or do ya? At any rate, soon we will offer some digital coax cables. I promise! But once you see our flagship analog cable, I think you might want a set or two.

Lex

Comment

• Trevor Schell
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Lex,,I will need some cables to play DVD-Audio properly,,which I haven't picked up yet. Just let me know when they are available and I can then place an order.
      Thanks.

Trevor
      My HomeTheater S.E.
      Sonically Enhanced
      C5
      Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Congrats Trevor!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• KennyG
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2000

Damn, I thought I was tuning in for some digital sex!!!
          Congrat's on the Denon, their equipment is just about the only japanese gear I've ever owned, and as far as recievers go, their sound is right at the top, I am continually amazed by the amount of features these flagship units have.

Comment

• Lexman
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2000

Ok Trevor, will do!

Thanks,
            Lex

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Hehe!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

The 5800 was too rich for my retiree budget so I went with the 3801, which has most of the features mentioned (minus the upgrade) but at 105 watts oer channel rather than 170. However, the 105 watts is all I needed in my 14 X 18 HT room. But I'll tell you, 6.1 is the way to go. Put Gladiator on with the 6.1 discrete and listen to the wow factor. Even all those 5.1 EX discs like The Perfect Storm and The World Is Not Enough will blow you away. And yes, Denon has a great sound- something I had to adjust to after the brighter A3090 Yamaha.

My Homepage!
                My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"