X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Power Supply for the Pioneer Elite receivers

I was lokking in the top off my receiver when I noticed that the power supply doesn't say Elite on it. I remember that VXS09TX had this in bold letters on it, My VSX27TX does not. I know that they may have decided to change with the newer models however, should I be concerned? Also the older power supply with the Elite stamp was larger!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

John, ordinarily these typle supply chain variances occur frequently in the component biz I think. I would guess it's nothing to be alrmed about. Did you buy it new?

Additionally, smaller build components become cheaper after they have been around a while. Could be that one just reached the receiver market in the lower priced category, where it was not available previously. Anyway, that sounds reasonable.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

That was pretty much my take as well. Just thought that it wouldn't hurt to ask. And yes I bought it new.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"