X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Elite-Rosewood Sides

I was wondering if these were available for purchase? I know I could call and ask Pioneer,but was hoping that one of you may have done this already.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

John, I don't know anything for fact, but I don't see why you couldn't order as a standard part. If not direct from Pioneer, then from your dealer.

Lex

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I guess noone else here has done this so, I'll drop them an e-mail.

Lex,
      I'll try the dealer if Pioneer won't co-op w/me

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lexman
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2000

Ok cool. It's a real shame that a few more manufacturerers don't adopt the side panel technique. Of all my components, I think my Elite DVD changer looks the nicest. The gold trim, side panels, a good looking piece.

Lex

Comment

• Robbie
          • Aug 2000

Hmmmmm, Sounds like a DIY project... Think of the possibilities. Maybe cherry. WOW would that look great. Dont know what would be involved but I imagine it couldn't be much. Never much liked the dark rosewood.

Robbie

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Okay, I sent them an e-mail. We'll see what may come.

Lex,
            I too love the look of the Elite line (most anyway). Now this makes me wonder if the appearence of a unit, cd player, dvd player, etc; plays a factor in our preceieved performance of a given unit?

If a unit is ugly, will it have a short life in your system regardless of how well it does it's job?

Robbie,
            The process is simple. However, I would love to have the stock color. And my lack of owning any wood tools is an issue as well. Not that it isn't a good idea, but I wouldn't be building a
            anything else...I'm no wood worker!:B

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Man, I cannot believe that Pioneer has not return my e-mail. Good thing I didn't have a real world problem.

Comment

• John Holmes
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Well, I received an answer today from Pioneer. The panels are $78.94 each...ouch!!! This is before S/H.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"