X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wireless
    • Feb 2001

Speakers and Denon 3300

Hello all,

A friend of mine recently purchased a Denon 3300 and is currently using some 15 year old Polk bookshelf speakers. It's time for some new speakers to go with the receiver.

I know that speakers are a personal choice, but I am not that familiar with the 3300s amp section capabilities. Are there any pairings that we should stay away, (like Apogee Divas)? How about good combinations? Would Magnepans work? Her budget is about $1500.

Thanks for your help!

John
    My HT Picts
    John
    My HT Picts
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

John Denon's do very well paired up with Energy, Paradigm and B&W's...at least those are ones I've heard and seem well matched. I am/was running maggies off my denon 3300 and it sounds great but the denon (and most receivers) are going to have a hard time pushing 5 maggies. If you're going down the magnepan path I'd think about adding one of the budget 5 channel amps like the HK PA 5800 that you can usually find used for around $300 USD.

Comment

• GregoriusM
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2000

Paradigm's are noted to be a tiny bit bright, if that's the right word. Paired with the "warm" sound of the Denon 3300, they sound great!

I have the Titans, but have heard the 3300 paired with a couple of the Monitor series. The Mini Monitor sounds great. Stick with the Paradigms with the 6 inch drivers, not the 8.

Obviously the Reference Series will sound even better!

I guess what I'm saying is Paradigm mates very well with the Denon 3300.

... Greg
      Gregor

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"