X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DelRay
    • Jun 2004

Download Failed Now 1068-Lights Out

Tried to dowload new firmware and got to the mtty program and went to the section/part to select 1-yes or 2-no 3-direct program. Pressed 1 and was not prompted to select a download file. Could not find file so I unhooked cable and put pins back to off position. I cannot get the unit to come on now. I have toggled the on/off switch and still nothing. Any suggestions/help? I knew I should have left well enough alone. Oh Well.
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

Maybe this helps:

Originally posted by weijst
    Installed v1.2.1 on my 1068 last night (comming from v.1.1.7.). Everything worked without any problems .
    Afterwards I did the Eprom update. When finished, the unit stopped responding completely! It didn't even come on when pushing the power switch (front and back) !

So I installed v.1.2.1 again (the computer was able to connect to the 1068, eventhough the latter showed no sign whatsoever that it was turned on).
    Afterwards everything worked again.

Bottomline, in my case I guess it did make a difference in which order you update the software and the eprom version:
    First the Eprom update, then the software update...
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

Sounds like what was there may have been erased, so now it has truely lost it's mind. Try it again from the top, be patient, have the new firmware file located in a folder that you can easily map to when prompted for it. The mttty program won't know what is on your'e 1068, and doesn't care, it will ask you for a file to send when it reaches that point. Cables are seated well in both the 1068 and p.c.? You dont want to lose the connection in the middle as you will have to start over from the begining, not fatal, just a pain.

Comment

• DelRay
        • Jun 2004

How do I know which firmware version I'm downloading? I don't remember if I even had an option. (e.g. 1.1.7, 1.1.9, 2.1.1. ) Are all the older ver. downloaded also when there is a new one.

Comment

• soundhound
          • Mar 2004

The file version is in the filename. They are all seperate files, but probably have some redundancy to them. Depending on the changes made some software will be an enhanced previous version, and some will be a complete re-write, in wich case they will tell you to do this, b-4 this or else.

Comment

• DelRay
            • Jun 2004

Thanks guys,Yea, the file name is where the problem is. I just can't seem to find it. Maybe it's not being sent from the Rotel site. I'm going to give it another shot. What would the file name be? (1068 download)

Comment

• DelRay
              • Jun 2004

The Rotel website says "software dowload temporary removed". Is that my problem? Anyone have a link to where the software downloads are?

Comment

• soundhound
                • Mar 2004

you have mail coming

Comment

• DelRay
                  • Jun 2004

Soundhound :T You da man. Everything is good now. Successful upgrade. Guess it helps having all the right parts to the puzzle. :B

Comment

• DelRay
                    • Jun 2004

I didn't want to start a new thread for this question. How do you set the password for the user default? My manual has no instructions for this. I tried using the up,down and left, right buttons, but it wouldn't work. Thanks.

Comment

• soundhound
                      • Mar 2004

To get into it follow the menu to default, then set user default, with the + or - button change to yes, if using the RR-1050 remote. It's numeric. example 0000. You will see the first 3 appear as x's and the last one won,t appear, it will just take you out of the page when it accepts it.

Comment

• DelRay
                        • Jun 2004

Thanks. Yea, I had to use 0000 at first then my own password as new. Hey, there's nothing to this software upgrade stuff. :roll: BTW, Club Rotel is invaluable. :B

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"