X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

Anyone living with a Marantz SR7010 ?

My plan this tax season is to pick up a used one, i've read a little about the 7011 and it looks like im not going to be missing anything earth shaking with the SR7010.

I will be powering my main surround channels with (7) Outlaw Mono's, and (4) Atmos with the receiver Power amps for a 7.1.4

I listen mostly to music, but love movies. I'll be streaming movies and doing a BR player, pretty simple setup. Probably listening to Pandora and my itunes library. Im really interested in the Dolby Surround which has replaced PLIIx for music, wondering about its adjustability.

I see alot of guys talk of .4 inregards to their subwoofers, my understanding is its still .1 :0/

Kg
    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !
  • TEK
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

When people talk about .n subwoofers they are normally referring to the number of actual subwoofers they have in their room. This is a figure of speak and is not the same as the sound format - just the same audio signal sendt to several subs.
    Some of those doing this are well aware of the difference while others are not.
    -TEK

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working...

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I've got it's little brother, a 5010, albeit running only as a pre pro (to an external Rotel amp) that I'm pretty happy with.

Any reason you're going 'all the way' up to the 7010? From what I recall, the 5010 had the vast majority of features, just less power. And if you're running external amps anyway...

It might have the higher end room calibration software though. Not sure that'd be enough to get me to swing the extra $$, YMMMV.
      Jason

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

I am not a Marantz fan, my triggers already broke on my pre-pro < 1 year old, and well, it's very non intuitive to operate, and I just don't like it.
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by kgveteran
          My plan this tax season is to pick up a used one, i've read a little about the 7011 and it looks like im not going to be missing anything earth shaking with the SR7010.

I will be powering my main surround channels with (7) Outlaw Mono's, and (4) Atmos with the receiver Power amps for a 7.1.4

I listen mostly to music, but love movies. I'll be streaming movies and doing a BR player, pretty simple setup. Probably listening to Pandora and my itunes library. Im really interested in the Dolby Surround which has replaced PLIIx for music, wondering about its adjustability.

I see alot of guys talk of .4 inregards to their subwoofers, my understanding is its still .1 :0/

Kg
          If music is your thing and your not an Atmos nut I would seriously consider a good Rotel amp/AVR. They are VERY musical amps and would likely blow any Marantz away.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Now, the way things interact these days, I cannot say the Marantz is responsible for EVERYTHING that I have issue with, but I think it is. When you change a TV source, the screen goes black for a few seconds, while the Marantz makes up it's mind what it is doing. That is my opinion anyway. I hope to get my Lexicon MC-12 fixed soon, and get back to best 2 channel audio, and not worry about as much video. I may be able to use the Marantz for Video switching, but if it continues this black out thing. I don't think I can tolerate that long. I won't put 100% blame on it until I know for fact that is what it is.
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"