No LFE when playing 2 channel stereo on 1066?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barney1
    • Jan 2004

No LFE when playing 2 channel stereo on 1066?

Fellow members, I just did the software upgrade on my 1066 to version 2.26. I notice that I am not getting any LFE from my sub when playing a CD in 2 channel stereo. I’m pretty sure that I did have it before the upgrade, but not 100% sure. Is there something Im missing? Can somebody help me out?
    Thanks!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Are the fronts set to large or small?

Comment

• Barney1
      • Jan 2004

They are set to large...

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

That would do it then. By setting them to large you are saying that your mains have all the base you need. In order for your subwoofer to be active you must set them to small then set an approp. crossover point for your subwoofer to take over. For most people that's somewhere between 60 and 80 hz.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Depending on what version you upgraded from, this might be why it finally works correctly. I don't remember the specifics, but the sub=yes/max settings used to always be max in certain modes.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Scarp
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
            That would do it then. By setting them to large you are saying that your mains have all the base you need. In order for your subwoofer to be active you must set them to small then set an approp. crossover point for your subwoofer to take over. For most people that's somewhere between 60 and 80 hz.
            There is also a difference between an analogue or digital input. When setting your fronts to small and using an analogue input your fronts will still receive the full range signal and you basically create bass doubling, unless you setup the crossover of your subwoofer.
            For digital inputs the fronts will be correctly used.

Comment

• Barney1
              • Jan 2004

I just now have noticed that when playing Dolby Digital EX DVDs it does not auto-detect. This was supposed to be fixed in the latest release. It did work before I installed the upgrade. I also still get some popping sounds from my speakers when going through menu setups on some DVDs but not all. Is anybody else having these problems?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Some Disc's aren't flagged properly so the Rotel won't detect them as 6.1. Also you might have to manually select 6.1 for the first disc then after that it should be ok. That said given how good Rotels XS processing is I never really worry if I've selected the 6.1 soundtrack as they pretty much sound the same anyway.

Comment

• Barney1
                  • Jan 2004

Thanks all,

Everything seems to be working as explained. Thanks again for your help. By the way I just wanted to say a few words about Rotel tech support. I sent an email with a few questions and they responded back in about 1 hour. I left voice mails and they responded back in about an hour and a half. I was very impressed with their response and knowledge of their products.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"