X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BCM191
    • Dec 2014

Rehabing a home music/HT set up.

Ok, I have some cash to spend, not a lot and there is the fun in trying to ad to the system. I have the TV 60"monitor, SonyBDP-S580, and Yamaha RX-V671, 1 pair of Jeff's Mandolin's for the two fronts, Warfendale Emerald center I have that is staying in the mix for now.The room is 20ftX16ft with questionable acoustics. I have used REQ to help it out with reasonable success.The music I (we) listen too is Blues, Jazz, Rock, Folk. and lots of Movies. I like the instruments to sound as I where there, and the warmth of a decent tube amp. Volume is usually turned up for good recording of blues and rock but most of the time is normal if not a hair more. I like bass but I am not by any means a bass head! BUT I need and want "CLEAN DETAILED" bass. Not a lot of room for 15' 2-3ft box's hanging out, but a 10-12" small sealed would work fine.
    What I need is a Sub and power for it, like to keep the price around the $400 for the sub parts but I wouldn't cry if it's less or more. I need an Amp to run the Mandolins and that will run a 4ohm load if possible as I have a few more speakers on the work load and one that will be 4ohm. I have had good luck with B&K Amps before BUT am willing to BUILD a tube (winter is here). I am just kinda confused in what way to go with power for everything that would break the bank or be hodgepodge together. I don't need massive amounts BUT I need good power. I can spend 6-7hundred on power
    I guess I am looking for direction....:huh:
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Guys in DIY maybe can help a lot with the sub requirements. Personally, I'd recomend at least a 12" in size. Drivers smaller that 12" seem to strain in lower end requirements. 400 for a sub, does that include an amp? I wasn't clear on that. Regardless, the guys in DIY are best at that one.

Speaker amplification, you are not clear on how many channels you need to amp, and for 6-700? That's a pretty tight budget. Maybe a solid state 5 channel amp used? Iron out a few of your requirements, and I am sure guys will jump in and help more including nasty reflections. :-)

Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"