X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave D
    • Apr 2003

Is Savant User-Manageable?

Hi all,

A quick background: I was shafted by an AMX/Phast integrator several years ago. Now, I want to upgrade my home theater/automation, but without being bound to an integrator who might hold my custom programming hostage (or, in my case, lose the backups altogether). I'm an IT professional with 30 years programming experience, so I can handle pretty much any programming chores if given access to the necessary applications and data.

Having heard my story, another integrator recommends a Savant system. However, from the literature, this doesn't appear to be end-user manageable either. If I go this route, will I be able to backup and restore any custom programming and data myself? Can I engage another integrator to update the system if this one goes out of business, for example? Better yet, can I manage system updates and customizations myself?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Hi Dave & welcome to the HT forum!

It appears you are in an unenviable position of being locked into system with no means of modification or expansion without hiring a contractor.

I am not familiar with such systems, & they are not often referenced here in general.
    However, we have some V knowledgeable members, some of whom are professional installers.
    I remain hopeful someone here will have some helpful info for you.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"