Professional Drivers in mid duty in 3 way what's your take on this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wildcard26
    • Aug 2006

Professional Drivers in mid duty in 3 way what's your take on this.

I was looking into re doing my towers but wanted to do an 8" mid driver. Not many of these around but I looked at the professional drivers and wondering if it has ever been done and what you think. These are the drivers I was looking at.

Thanks in advance for your input.
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Do you need the added sensitivity? If not I see no reason to use them.

Comment

• Wildcard26
      • Aug 2006

Well it's really just a consideration. As you said the added sensitivity really is not necessary but I was looking at it as an option.

Comment

• Jed
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2005

A few folks swear by the PHL drivers which have added sensitivity and match up to ribbons well. What other drivers do you plan on using? For example, if you select an RS225 woofer to go with those mids there are obviously better choices. You can take a look at Augerpro's tests of various pro drivers as well. None really were distinguished over traditional hifi drivers IMO.

Comment

• Wildcard26
          • Aug 2006

Thank you very much for your input I will check this out. Like I said it's one of the many crazy thoughts that juggle in and out of my head and was compelled to get solid information on it. I am working on a second sub, a twin to the first I built and I have a smaller one using a EHQS* and 12" PVC to come. Thank you again.

Comment

• Jed
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Apr 2005

You're welcome and be sure to post some pics of your builds. :T

Comment

• servicetech
              • Sep 2007

Keep in mind an 8" speaker can only go so high in frequency before "beaming" occurs. At $30-$40, there are better midrange choices for hi-fi. I've thought about using a 5" or 6.5" Dayton PA driver as a mid.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"