X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

Discrete Code Programming into RR-969

Hi,

I finally upgraded my old 27" Sony TV to a 50” Samsung DLP which is coming on Wednesday . I can’t wait to watch a movie on it using my RSP-1066/RMB-1075/RDV-1080 combo. Or maybe if I am lucky I may also get my RSP-1098 which has been on order since August .

Anyway, as some of you guys might know, the Samsung TV does not have discrete buttons for input selection and therefore programming startup/shutdown macros for TV/HT gear would be a nightmare. I have found the following discrete codes for the Samsung:

Antenna 251
    Video 1 177
    Video 2 013
    Video 3 017
    S-Video 1 192
    S-Video 2 019
    S-Video 3 175
    Component 1 171
    Component 2 016
    Component 3 179
    DVI 018
    PC 073
    Discrete On 001
    Discrete Off 253

Is there a way to send the above discrete codes to the TV using RR-969?

Thanks for your help guys,
    Maziar
  • mml7
    • Jun 2002

No, the RR-969 does not access discrete codes directly. What you need to do is purchase/obtain another remote such as the URB-8810/11. Input those advanced codes into it and then use the URC remote as the master to teach your 969.

Better yet, you can purchase/build a JP1 cable and do all the programming of discrete codes from your PC and upload them to the URC (which you then use to teach your 969)

There's a ton of information on http://www.hifi-remote.com and on http://www.remotecentral.com

Comment

• mazuly
      • Feb 2003

I think I can resolve this issue my macros. If I make sure that the TV is always on a certain input on power off, I can then use that input as the starting point for startup macros. Hopefully the macros will not be larger than 20 commands.

Thanks for your answer though.

Maziar

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"