X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tudorvok
    • Jan 2009

Need advice on wireless solution for Onkyo TX-SR875

Hi people on the forum
    i listen most of my music from my laptop which is connected through HDMI cable to my Onkyo TX-SR875 and i am trying to find a good HDMI wireless solution to replace the cable. there are many adaptors out there starting from 15usd to 400usd but I am not sure which one is the best for my onkyo.

i look for quality and a good price as well

greets
    If you don't know what you want you'll never get it :sn
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I don't know if something like that even exists! However, I truly believe in wireless technology and believe that some day in the future, everything will be wireless. The key to getting it mainstream is to have no loss of signal or audio quality using it. The ladies will love it because they hate wires. In a 5.1 home theater system, there are a helluva' lot of wires!!.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Do you listen to MCH music via the HDMI cable? If not, then there are many other ways to stream to your receiver wirelessly. HDMI is not necessarily the most practical way to go for a wireless solution.

I use an Apple AirPort Express, connected via toslink to my receiver in my living room and iTunes (but I have an all Mac environment--Mac mini, MacBook pro, iPad Air, iPhone). It's not necessarily the least expensive or very tip top quality option, but it has the advantage of ease of use.

While I'm not as familiar with them, there are PC equivalents to the above (I'm sure someone who knows the ins and outs of PC based systems will be along to elaborate).

Comment

• tudorvok
        • Jan 2009

I am using a laptop via windows platform and play mp3s or just internet streaming. my favorite sound quality is via the hdmi output and this is why i would love to keep this option. oh, there are so many options to use hdmi wirelessly. just that most of them are for image and I am not sure if it will work for sharing just sound as well.

thanks for the help.
        i'll wait for a few other opinions, hopefully there is someone else around who has gone through this aspect.
        If you don't know what you want you'll never get it :sn

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

If those are your audio formats of choice, then HDMI is not necessary at all. You could easily do it with bluetooth by finding a bluetooth receiver that would plug into your receiver and then stream via bluetooth from your laptop. There are other options available as well. But I would move towards another option that HDMI in your position (though that's me--just a suggestion).

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"