X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uaproz
    • Jun 2014

Yamaha Soavo-1 5.1 package + RX-A2030

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and newbie in HT world. I have a media server and I love to watch hours of TV series and movies.

I have decided to go and buy HT. I found a deal: Soavo-1 5.1 package + RX-A2030 at a local shop in my city for around $5k.

I'm living in a remote area.... In a city called Abu Dhabi. .. getting any system at that size will cost me around $500 only to ship it here.

So, what do you think? Is it a good deal?

Second question which I'm confused about... amplifiers and AV receiver (RX-A2030), what's the difference? I mean, the RX-A2030 works as amplifier right? I'm I correct?? Or should I buy an amplifier as well???

Does the amplifiers work with the RX-A2030?
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

The RX-A2030 is a receiver, so it has built in amps. There are also pre/pro's which are just processors which have outputs to feed external amps. You generally get better quality and more power this route. You can also use a receiver as a processor and feed it to amps as long as it has pre-outs.

As for the package looking at the normal prices of those speakers individually it's not a bad price. If you can avoid shipping charges and what not as well then it's likely an excellent deal. Generally local small shops will sometimes cut you a deal as well, or you may be able to bundle some cables or something you need and get a good price on those etc.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"