X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Palforever
    • Feb 2010

What combo for the 683 and 685?

Hello guys i have narrowed down for my HT 5.1 system,the 683 and the 685.What is the best combo for both.coz i am thinking of getting the package deal that they had offered me.

1)For the 683 the package is HTM61(CENTRE)-685(REAR) and the Sub will be ASW610($5500)before discount.
    2) For the 685 the packabe isHTM62 (Centre)-685 (rear)and the same Sub ASW610 ($3500) before discount
    OR
    3)should i look at the CM7 or CM9 series.

Thanks
  • erich
    • Jul 2006

I think this is a thread for club b&w.

Anyhow, imo you won't need the 683 unless you listen to a lot of 2 channel music. For HT the 685 should do fine. I would change the rears to 686 to save some dough and get a better sub if I were you.

Comment

• theblue
      • Dec 2009

The beauty of the 683 is that you get the FST which really makes these speakers an amazing value (and sound a lot better than any other 6 series). It looks like you're willing to spend some money so I would be sure to get these over the 685. I personally think the 683 is such a good value that I don't think it's worth spending more for the CM series anymore -- if you really want to spend more then go all the way to the 8 series.

As for the center, there has been a lot of talk on here (and elsewhere) saying the HTM61 sucks - I personally have never heard it and own an older B&W center. You might want to look at the HTM62 unless you have a really large room.

So if it was me buying all new stuff, I'd probably mix at match the 683, HTM62, 685 rears, and I would not buy a B&W sub as I don't like them for the money.

if you want to play an even more intersting game, you can buy the 683, 2 sets of the 685 and run 6.1 (use one 685 as a center, and one as a rear)

watch out for the sales people in stores, every manufacturer has this sweet spots in value for $$$ and they'll normally ignore this an try to upsell you.

anyway, that's my $0.02
      Marantz SR5002 (music fed by apple airport express via optical)
      rotel RB-985 THX (4 channels bipowering fronts, 1 for the center)
      B&W - 683, CDM-CNT, CDS3 (sides), DM601 (rears)
      a combo of haveflex and audioquest cables.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"