X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PACKYDYRM
    • Sep 2012

Question

I would like some insight from you many learned folks please. I am going to purchase the Emotiva XPA-5 but I am torn or should I say I am not to clear on which pre amp or receiver to go with it. I plan on building the statements ( center, monitor, and tower) and getting the HSU vtf -15h. I was wondering if I need to go with the marantz SR 6007 or the EMOTIVA umc-1. Please help. I would appreciate all info. Did I have to mention I am a newbie...
    "LEAD,FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY"
  • deewan
    • Feb 2009

Wait a few months and the Emotiva XMC-1 SHOULD be released.

But if it's Marantz vs Emotiva UMC-1, the UMC-1 provides GREAT performance with a much smaller price tag. I own the UMC and have experienced the Marantz. Nothing against Marantz because I have owned many of their products, but from a price vs performance standpoint it's gotta be the UMC-1.
    The Old Woods Theater
    My Various Speaker Builds
    Statement II Remix build

"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?"

Comment

• kcsun
      • Jan 2012

Wait for the XMC-1

WooHoo

kc
      Arcam avr600, Sky HD 2Tb, Oppo 103D, Sony VPL-VW500ES, Phillips large Pronto pro remote
      B&W 803Di speakers, B&W HTM2Di centre speaker, B&W 7NT in wall rear speakers, B&W ASW1000 Sub

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

At the current price, the UMC-1 cannot be beat as an honest pre-pro. That said, it isn't perfect by any means. Putting it against the SR-6007 isn't fair as the two pieces aren't equal from a market point.

The issue should come down to the features you need and or want and of course cost. From where I look at it, the aspect of sound quality depends on so much more than any single item purchased.
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• philw101
          • Jul 2012

When is the XMC-1 available. Seems like the announced it years ago, some are still waiting for it to materialise.

Onkyo and Marantz make good pre/Pros. I had a lot of issues with UMC-1, would rather plug and play than keep flashing firmware..
          Samsung D7000 55" LED TV, B&W 800 Series - 804s,HTM3s, 805s (Rears), B&W ASW825 Sub, Onkyo PR-SC5508, Classe CA-5200, Classe CP-500, Classe CDP-102, Oppo BDP-EU95, SKY+ HD, Sony PS3 , B&W P5 Headphones. Pro-ject Debut III Turntable

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Very soon, it's technically done but they are working out software issues.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"