X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Probass
    • May 2012

OLD RUNCO CPD 770 -- need help/parts?

Howdy ... new here and wondering if anyone knows if there are any parts available for this unit Runco model CPD-770. This is a really big unit hanging from the ceiling in my basement .. the issue I have is that I left it on a lot through the years and across the bottom of the screen is a faint "burn" of the red FOX news channel stripes and logo!

I really do not know anything about this but I believe that the only"fix" is to replace the red gun or tube? I think it has 7" tubes?

Also heard there was a line doubler or something that could increase the resolution a bit?

Sorry for my ignorance but I really just don't know much about what to do .. I just watch the thing!

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks
  • cngbrick
    • May 2009

As you have discovered, static images will quickly burn into the phosphor of CRT projector tubes.

You have a couple of alternatives to fix this: replace the tube(s) affected or reduce the size of the image on the tube face so that the burn-in marks don't show anymore.

If you opt for the second solution you will need to move the projector farther away from the screen to maintain the same image size and increase the contrast. Increasing contrast will shorten the life remaining in all three tubes.

Curt Palme is likely your best bet for parts if you or a friend can do the work. Shipping charges alone will probably exceed the value of the projector if you need to send the whole unit out for servicing.

RT

Comment

• Probass
      • May 2012

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"