X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeybutts
    • Sep 2009

Onkyo 876 Pre-outs crackling

Soooo I watched the Super Bowl on Sunday and everything was fantastic. No issues.

Fire up the system last night and there is this terrible crackling. No mids, woofers sounded fine, tweeter loud and crackling. So I begin the back checking process.

Speakers ok? Check
    Speaker wire ok? Check
    Amplifier ok? Check
    Interconnects alright? Check
    Receiver pre outs? BAD

So the left and the center are both doing it. What would be the culprit of something like this? Any ideas?
  • Gianluca
    • Oct 2008

Bad solder joint if your lucky as this would be a DIY project. Does it stop when you move the RCA. If not bad processor maybe.
    Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

Comment

• joeybutts
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Gianluca
      Bad solder joint if your lucky as this would be a DIY project. Does it stop when you move the RCA. If not bad processor maybe.
      when I swap RCA's on the BACK OF THE RECEIVER it doesn't move, telling me it is the receiver.

I wish it was something simple........I spoke with Onkyo and they told me two things I didn't think of (that are real simple) switch sources and reset the unit.

Comment

• joeybutts
        • Sep 2009

Well....I feel real dumb. It was the cable box. I reset it and poof. perfect. The PS3 worked fine so I unplugged the cable box, turned it back on and just like it was.

Oops.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"